Business to Business
A lot of questions come about for organizations when giving access to internal resources is required:
- How do you provide access to the internal resources for your business partners while securing that access?
- How do you manage that access to give and take away access to those business partners should their access requirements change?
- How do you protect your IP from leaks out into the world?
- How do you verify the external identity so that compromised users from business partners don’t infiltrate your organization and take a foothold?
You must create a sound plan for all the above questions and implement new processes and a sound security strategy to cover all of your scenarios, including the above.
Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) business-to-business (B2B) collaboration lets you securely share your company’s applications and services with guest users from any other organization, while maintaining control over your own corporate data. Work safely and securely with external partners, large or small, even if they don’t have Azure AD or an IT department. A simple invitation and redemption process lets partners use their own credentials to access your company’s resources. Developers can use Azure AD business-to-business APIs to customize the invitation process or write applications like self-service sign-up portals.
With Azure AD B2B, the partner uses their own identity management solution, so there is no administrative overhead for your organization managing external users.
- The partner uses their own identities and credentials; Azure AD is not required
- You don’t need to manage external accounts or passwords
- You don’t need to sync accounts or manage account lifecycles
Protecon offers best practice guidance and deployment for your Azure B2B implementation around security, access management and invitations. We have done a large amount of implementations[RB1] and we know the ins and outs, what you should do for particular scenarios and how to manage the external user lifecycle management within your directory.
Contact us now for your free evaluation. We look forward to hearing from you!